The 2020 Connecticut Tree Climbing Competition
is on Saturday, May 9, 2020 at Boothe Park in Stratford.
Each year, 25-30 climbers, men and women, participate in a competition that showcases the skill, safety, insight and knowledge that is all a part of climbing trees professionally. The event also showcases the camaraderie, spirit and overall sense of fun that is also a part of this unique group of skilled individuals.
The Five Qualifying Events in the CT Tree Climbing Competition are:
- The Ascent Event – This is a new event and is replacing the footlock.
- Throw Line Accuracy – a timed event in which the competitor sets three different lines in specified parts of a tree.
- Belayed Speed Climb – a timed ‘free-climb’ (climber is belayed) 40′ to 60′ up a selected tree.
- Work Climb – five work stations are set within a given tree and competitors are scored as they move through the tree completing assigned tasks.
- Aerial Rescue – climbers are timed as they ‘rescue’ a dummy set in a tree.
This years (2020) Connecticut Tree Climbing Competition is at Boothe Park in Stratford, CT
This is an all day event that is open to the public.
If you are interested in being a competitive climber or a sponsor, please register on-line or
If you are interested in being a volunteer, please call Bud Neal (203)577-8144 (cell)
or Cathy in the office (203)484-2512.