Space is still available at the CIPWG Invasive Plant Symposium: Invasive Plants in Our Changing World: Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future, which will be held at the UConn Student Union in, Storrs, CT on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. The symposium will be presented by the Connecticut Invasive Plant Working Group (CIPWG). People with all levels of interest and experience are invited to attend. Please visit the CIPWG website for the symposium program, registration information, and directions:http://cipwg.uconn.edu/2016-symposium/.
The following Pesticide Recertification Credits and Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available at the CIPWG Invasive Plant Symposium:
- CT Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) Pesticide Applicator Recertification: 5 Credit Hours in the following categories: PA, ALL (available for New England states)
- Certified Master Gardeners can receive two (2) Advanced Master Gardener (AMG) class credits.
- Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD): The keynote presentation has been approved for 1 APLD CEU. Each afternoon session (Sessions 1 through 6) has been approved for 1.25 APLD CEUs.
- Connecticut Accredited Nursery Professional (CANP) [Connecticut Nursery and Landscape Association]: 1 Credit
- Certified Connecticut Forest Practitioners Continuing Education: 2 CEU’s
- Subject matter appropriate for 4.0 hours of continuing education for Connecticut-licensed landscape architects
- Massachusetts Certified Horticulturist (MCH) [MA Nursery & Landscape Association, Inc.]: 1 Credit
- New York State Board for Landscape Architecture
- Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA) Accredited Organic Land Care Professionals (AOLCP): 4 Credits
- Rhode Island Certified Horticulturist (RICH) [RI Nursery and Landscape Association]: 2 Credits
Attendees are advised to register early, as the last symposium had record attendance and sold out in advance with 500 attendees.
REGISTRATION FEE: $60; $25 – STUDENT (must bring current ID)
Senior Extension Educator
IPM Program Coordinator
Co-Chair, Connecticut Invasive Plant Working Group (CIPWG)
University of Connecticut
Department of Plant Science & Landscape Architecture
1376 Storrs Road, Unit 4067
Storrs, CT 06269-4067
CT Invasive Plant Working Group (CIPWG): www.cipwg.uconn.edu
UConn Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Program: www.ipm.uconn.edu
“An equal opportunity employer and program provider“