The Tree Wardens’ Association of Connecticut will be hosting a half day workshop on Leadership and Communication in Municipal Forestry. Please read below for details.
Date: Wednesday, February 20, 2019
Includes buffet lunch
This course will expand the ability to communicate more effectively, by learning how to
1. Enhance listening skills to best determine someone’s needs/concerns
2. Clearly decipher the facts from the noise in order to address the right issues
3. Better influence others over whom we have little or no authority
4. Take greater control over our own mindset in critical moments
5. Effectively communicate when there are opposing viewpoints and/or strong emotions involved
The highly experiential workshop will provide straightforward concepts that can be applied immediately at work and at home. It is especially useful in building the skills necessary when confronted with challenging situations that we all grapple with each day. These interactions can be uncomfortable, so instead of being part of an honest and respectful conversation, these delicate circumstances can spiral downward causing disagreements and often lead to a falling-out of important relationships. Participants will learn frameworks and practice applying these new concepts and tools to specific, real-life business issues throughout the program. Attendees will be able to use the new skills and information immediately upon completing the workshop.