The Connecticut Tree Climbing Competition is an annual event sponsored by the CTPA.
Each year, 25-30 climbers, men and women, participate in a competition that showcases the skill, safety, insight and knowledge that is all a part of climbing trees professionally. The event also showcases the camaraderie, spirit and overall sense of fun that is also a part of this unique group of skilled individuals.
The Five Qualifying Events in the CT Tree Climbing Competition are:
- Ascent Event-This is new to the competition and will replace the Footlock.
- Throw Line Accuracy – a timed event in which the competitor sets three different lines in specified parts of a tree.
- Belayed Speed Climb – a timed ‘free-climb’ (climber is belayed) 40′ to 60′ up a selected tree.
- Work Climb – five work stations are set within a given tree and competitors are scored as they move through the tree completing assigned tasks.
- Aerial Rescue – climbers are timed as they ‘rescue’ a dummy set in a tree.
If you are interested in being a volunteer, please call Bud Neal (203)577-8144 (cell)
or Cathy in the office (203)484-2512.